Paving Frequently Asked Question
RECOMMENDATIONS AND FACTS REGARDING YOUR NEW BLACK TOP
1. Do not drive on the new black top for 48 Hours after installation in normal weather.
2. Do not park on the new black top for 96 Hours. (However, traffic from street to garage after the 48-Hour waiting period is harmless.)
3. Do not be concerned with tire marks caused by parking and power steering, especially in confined areas, as further traffic will help heal this particular material.
4. Exercise care with bicycle kick stands, chairs, ladders, car jacks, etc., as any sharp projection may cause indentations on new blacktop.
5. Black top is subject to soil and temperature conditions, especially in northern climates where weather changes are extreme. Expansion cracks are unavoidable, especially when resurfacing over existing cracked base.
6. Although every effort is made, we cannot guarantee perfect drainage in every situation due to local conditions.
7. New black top should be sealed 1 year after installation or as manufacturer or product recommends. Sealer will help repel gasoline and oil spills which could damage black top. Sealer will also prevent any flaking problems which are common in unprotected black top.
8. The life of the drive is determined by the strength of the base it is built on. Paving over existing weak base is at Owner’s risk.
9. Residential drives are made for car, pick-ups, and light vans. Heavy vehicles may damage drive and is at Owner’s risk.
10. All materials and workmanship meet or exceed State of Illinois and local government requirements.